Tuesday, April 01, 2008

No foolin' great music today

Back from Vancouver...more about that later. Now...tunes.

REM - Accelerate
Well welcome back and thank you. I was ready to punt on REM records. This one will buy you a few more mis-steps. Their best since New Adventures in HiFi.

The Black Keys - Attack and Release
Danger Mouse adds some florishes but the duo's raw power and energy still shines through. They rawk. Hard.

Jackie Green - Giving up the Ghost
Great cd from a man that more people that like Music should look into. It's rock. It's folk. It's blues. All fused into one great sounding cd.

The Wood Brothers - Loaded
On as "on the porch" as their last cd but very enjoyable. One of the Wood Brothers is the Wood in MMW...that wonderfully jazzy trio.

Black Francis - Svn Fngrs
Mr Pixie does what he does and you'll like it. Or should. Rockin' good time peanut. Of course in an un-normal way.

Sun Kil Moon - April
Epic, stunning, pure beauty.

Also released
Another live CD from the Stones. Really? Do we need this? The Jack Black team up is cool though. Get Yr Ya Ya's out is better or even Security. Oh well. Apples in Stereo did only OK with this release but then again it's odds and sods so that is almost to be expected.

More later
Bro

2 comments:

Megs said...

Ah so that's where you've been! Cool stuff. Hope you had a good trip.

I'm pretty thrilled about the new REM!!!

ps - I was going to post an april fool's joke, but decided not to.

pps- I saw the Raveonettes this past Saturday at the Black Cat. They're totally amazing live.

cbro said...

I still need to work on this post...thanks for reading.
The 'couver was great. I just made that up. Anyway wonderful city. Good food.

I am digging the REM too.

I have yet to see the Raveonettes. I will put them on my short list.