Thursday, April 10, 2008

CDs to try this week

What up people? Heard anything good? Seen a great movie? Or a totally bummer of one? Send me the review and I'll post it at the NEXT Website. Yes NEXT is about new music but we do more than listen to music so share your intelligence with the rest of the NEXT lovers. Thanks.

On to the discs

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Dig, Larazus Dig!!!
Not one but three "!"s. How cool is that? Great title too. This cd picks up where Grinderman left off. Warning though if you don't know Nick Cave he is not for everyone. This cd remembers the ROCK in a very sexy way...no strike that a sensual way. Almost like a modern Doors like sleaze.

The Breeders - Mountain Battles
Still rockin' after all these years. Recorded over different times in different places and in different languages too. If you are looking for the next ultra hit and/or something as catchy as "Cannonball" I will just tell you to keep looking. Great cd though and though.

Tapes N Tapes - Walk It Off
Internet darlings improve upon a good thing. This sequel is better than the first. Kinda like "Empire".

Others to watch, listen to or just download a few choice cuts.
Man Man travels in Tom Waits/Frank Zappa territory and mostly succeeds. Also I think I need to listen to "if Children" one more time. I think you can just put them on your "watch list" and hope the next cd builds on the good stuff. Also a bit disappointed with the new Clinic. I really, really wanted to like this one. C+ or B- if I'm feeling it but probably the C+.

No comments: