Thursday, April 03, 2008

I think this is a pretty good year

for music. Then again I thought last year was too. In fact, I still believe that as a music lover and listener of music this is a best time to be alive.

I would have had this list up sooner but I was in Vancouver and did very little work there. Just relaxed with the Fam.

The Raconteurs - Consolers of the Lonely
Jack and his boys are back. They sound great. No really big surprises just great rawk.

Gnarls Barkley - The Odd Couple
Nothing as immediately catchy as last time around but one damn fine cd for the music lover in your life

Panic at the Disco - Pretty. Odd.
They have dropped the "!" and studied up on Sgt Pepper. I really dig this cd but I am sure die hards are a bit confused or upset.

B 52s - Funplex
After waiting for 16 years we get classic sounding B52s and man o man are they horny.

The Counting Crows - Saturday Nights and Sunday Mornings
if you like them you'll find a new favorite song if you never liked them then nothing on this cd will change your mind.

Also released
Someone to watch. Steve Earles little boy Justin Townes Earle. Yes the Townes is for Van Zandt. If like Steve Earle or Townes then check out Justin. He is a bit more old timey than dad and his voice is sweeter too. The Lemonheads reissued "It's a Shame About Ray". Maybe my most favorite of theirs. It's a CD/DVD and the extra tracks are just ok but the DVD in concert is pretty sweet. They, the Lemonheads, come off as angrier live.

More later
Bro

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is an ok time for music. The rapidly changing technology has made the '00's a time of transition and with that comes instability. Luckily, instability also brings with it new ideas and I look forwad to seeing/hearing some exciting things in the future. We will never have another cathartic "Nirvana" moment, things are too fragmented now, but I still belive the right band, at the right time, can change the world.

cbro said...

Neil Young disagrees with that last comment but I still hold out hope. Yes welcome to LONG TAIL

I did you hear about the new tech that is better than mp3s and 1,000 times smaller? I'll link to the article in the news section of nextmusiconline.com.

Be good brother man