Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Not the best week

which is ok since it's make sure you mail in your taxes day. I cut it fine by mailing them yesterday.

The Kooks - Konk
Picking up where they left off. Why mess with a winning streak? They still love and combine Bowie, The Kinks and The Specials.

James McMurtry - Just Us Kids
Good, smart, intelligent acoustic type music

James - Hey Ma
I never thought there would be another but I am happy. I must admit this is just a UK release and I could only find one song (and they wonder why bittorrent is huge). I can't really say much about this cd but this will be a great time to remind you about this group. I think I need to work on a "lost treasure" for these guys.

Also
Asia has a new cd yes that 80s band is back. Original band members too. Not much has changed with their sound on this cd. Brings back a flood of memories for me. A birthday party and the gift of two tapes. Journey's "Escape" and Asia's self titled debut. Chris Bro happy boy. It was all I needed until a school field trip somewhere and Michael Gilson gave me his walkman and said you need to listen to this new tape I got. It was "Pyromania" and the game was over. I never gave him back the Walkman until the trip was over. I fell in love with music. Yes that is where it basically started. So I have a very soft spot for Asia.

Air has reissued the 10 year celebration of "Moon Safari". You'll find 3 discs. A cd of remixes and the DVD is a tour documentary from 1999 called "Eating, Sleeping, Waiting and Playing."

More later
Bro

No comments: