Thursday, September 14, 2006

They said it couldn't be arranged


A Pogues listening party. Some of my favorite parties include listening to the Pogues. Smile you drunken fools the cds have been expanded.

Still phish-less Trey out on tour now.

Knock at the door. Is it The Plumber? Or maybe a candy gram? Or a landshark? No its an MP3 gram. Send music to friends.

A band you should check out. Bishop Allen.

I miss Monica. A funny little tune about yes the little blue dress lady.

More later
Bro

Title is from REM...the REM I fell in love with. I am listening to the demo slow version of "Gardening at Night". You should get their latest Comp from the IRS years--which is where this version can be found. Man they used to rock. Maybe there is still hope. I was hoping since they helped put this new cd together that they would remember when they had a fire in their bellies.

2 comments:

Megs said...

i once went to a party and played the pogues. kids asked me if it was the new flogging molly, which made me laugh.

as for the REM, I really want to get that compliation. I was listening to it on a listening party through aol. It's nice to hear the songs that actually got me into their music when i was a kid. whenever i hear the words classic college radio music... which is how i often describe my show, i think of two bands... the replacements and REM.

cbro said...

Couldn't agree with you more. The Replacements and REM. Great memories. I think anyone that enjoys rock music today should own the IRS comp.

I love the Flogging Molly story. Silly kids Pogues are for drinking but they blend it with such beauty too. They really cover the spectrum of life. Plus they have the greatest Christmas song ever. Well them and John Prine.