Friday, September 15, 2006

It just smiles and then turns and runs the other way


U2 and Green Day. I say those two bands and the thing you think of is Football. Right? Well maybe its the second thing that crosses the mind. They will be covering a tune for ESPN.

File under stop the world I want to get off. Coldplay's Chris Martin and Jay-z getting together. Gigwise reports: Jay-Z has teamed up with Coldplay frontman Chris Martin on his upcoming new album, tentatively titled ‘Kingdom Come.’

Beck on Tour. A mini-tour.

On September 21st, John Mayer will guest star in part one of the two-part season premiere of CBS’ CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. Tune in to see him perform his current single “Waiting On The World To Change” and “Slow Dancing In A Burning Room,” two tracks off of his new album Continuum. His latest cd isn't that bad in fact it's got a nice slow burn to it.

More later
Bro

Title is from Pilot Speed. I played "Barely Listening" on NEXT the other week. A great build on this tune too. Video is pretty cool too.

2 comments:

Megs said...

I heard about the U2/Greenday collaboration. I thought it was going to be for charity. But ESPN? that's awful.

I saw Jay Z in concert back in 2004 when he was supposedly retiring. It was a good set. He was at the 2004 hfstival and played only a few hours before the cure took the stage. anyways... I am not too surprised about this collaboration, especially after finding out it was Jay Z who signed Thursday to Island/Def Jam. A really good friend of mine from Frostburg State University (my old school) used to work A&R at Island/Def Jam. Jay Z was one of her bosses. She told me all sorts of things about him. I wonder if she knew about the solo album though... btw, my friend left the record industry because of everyone getting fired. she decided to quit and now does work for Rachel Ray as her travel coordinator.

I will have to watch those CSI's. I wonder if John Mayer gets shot for dating Jessica Simpson.

I hope you have a good weekend!

Take care,
Megan

ps- I was in the dining hall this evening and i noticed the ABC evening news was on the TV across the room. I have to ask, is your wife now the host? if so, I hope she'll kick Couric's ass. (as you can tell, i'm bitter at CBS. the home of edward r. murrow has sold out, so i'm now looking else where for better news cred.)

cbro said...

no she was just filling in for the night and yes hopefully she did beat Katie. That would be cool.