Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Megs does the answer thing


Real name: Megan

Where I live: During school I am in College Park, Maryland. When not in school, then I'm in Frostburg, Maryland.

Occupation: College Student - I'm studying English and Journalism

Favorite movie: That's a tough one. Here are just a few of my all time favorites list: Wings of Desire, 24 Hour Party People, Back to the Future, and Trainspotting. Two new favorites of mine are Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and The Departed.


Favorite book: I've got a few of those. I really adore this book called How Soon is Never. High Fidelity is another huge favorite of mine. Nick Hornby is a terrific contemporary writer. In terms of poetry, I love me some Leonard Cohen or Sherman Alexie.

Favorite album: I'll rattle off a few... Achtung Baby - U2, Songs of Faith and Devotion - Depeche Mode, To Bring You My Love - PJ Harvey, Your Arsenal - Morrissey, London Calling - The Clash, Heartbreaker - Ryan Adams, Purple Rain - Prince...the list goes on from there honestly. A new favorite of mine is Danzig's first and second albums. I also really love the new Amy Winehouse.

Three famous people I'd like to meet: 1. John Stewart 2.Bono 3. Madonna

One famous person I actually met: Joan Jett! I have a photo of me with her on her tour bus.

Best concert experience: This is like asking a junkie about his favorite high. I've seen so many bands that it's hard to say who was the best experience. This past week I saw Danzig in Baltimore and that was amazing. And this past Saturday (yesterday) I saw She Wants Revenge and that was fantastic too. This coming week I'm seeing Ryan Adams and Morrissey on different nights of course. So I'm sure next week, I'll be walking around high from those two shows.

Coolest pop-culture item I own: It's a tie between my MTV headbangers ball edition T-shirt (straight out of 1989) and my New Kids on the Block Fanny Pack (I was a kid in the late 80s/early 90s).

And what movie prop would like to own: Marion's Angel wings (chicken feathers) from Wings of Desire

No comments: