Thursday, November 01, 2007

Finally the Gold Star CDs for this week


Sorry but the P's were in town and I just couldn't blow them off to type up the Gold Stars for this week. Hopefully that gets me gold stars with my Mum and Papa.

this is the week of OST (offical soundtracks)

"I'm Not There" and "Control".

HM did "I'm Not There" a solid review so just read that and "Control" is a great cd of Ian Curtis music and music that inspired him and/or Joy Division.


Also check out Ian Ball's "Who Goes There"
he is the the first member of the band Gomez to release a solo album. He has been playing solo acoustic shows in his downtime, but those who have seen those acoustic shows or have seen Ball with Gomez may be a bit surprised at Who Goes There. It's most a laid back affair. Keyboard driven instead of guitar focused and where there are guitars, they're generally acoustic. Worth a quick listen to and a must for Gomez completists.

More later
Chris Bro

No comments: