Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Chuck Prophet's Soap and Water

CD of the month...I could have pick "Magic" the latest from Springsteen but that cd is already gold and on it's way to Platinum which is no small feat in this atmosphere. In fact, looking back at this month it was one hell of a good month for releases.

You might or might not know that Prophet started with the band "Green on Red" in the 80s. If not it wouldn't hurt you or your ears to check that band out. You might be saying to yourself how did this band slip past...everybody? Well make up for it now.

He is great and as a solo artist some of my favorite songs of the past decade have been played by him. If "Summertime Thing" does not make you happy and/or smile you are reading the wrong blog. Head over to some blog that is touting the joys of listening to Colbie Caillat (seriously I just don't get how she has shot up the charts - c'mon people your better than that.) and yes I know that "Summertime Thing" is on a different CD.

"Water and Soap" is a "forever" CD. A CD that you will listen to for the rest of your life. It's a CD of roots-rock by a sonic texturalist. It is Magic.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Found your site while searching the net for Chuck Prophet articles, etc. Pretty awesome. I had the good fortune to hear Chuck and Mission Express on 11/5/07 here in Pittsburgh. The performance was terrific!!!!

I know I will listen to Soap and Water for the rest of my life, along with Chuck's other CDs.
He never ceases to amaze me; each CD has its own unique character.

A Prophet Fan for Life, Shelley

cbro said...

Thanks Shelley

glad you found us you should also check out nextmusiconline.com it's the website to my new music show.