Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gold Star CDs for today


This is a good week to save your money. Not much out there. The only thing I highly recommend is the live REM. I would have had this out earlier but last night I watch The Transformers movie. I should never go in hoping for more from Bay but I had heard good things. Typical Bay but that "love interest"...man I'll stop right there before I get in trouble.

REM - Live

It's been a long time since REM has blown me away in the studio but on stage they still bring it. I always think after each time I see them, "Damn the still sound great up there why can't they do that in the studio". Honestly guys if this next CD doesn't almost kill I will not buy another REM cd again. It pains me to write that (that's why the "almost kills" is in there as I know that I will never get another true classic from them ) and I know it might kill him but please come back Bill - please. He obviously helps them out a lot in the studio. So back to this CD. Sure they are padded out their contract and but if you've ever seen them or have ever wanted to or have ever thought "man I miss the REM I fell in love with" then go get this double disc.


It's not new although the REM isn't either you should look into Aretha Franklin
Rare & Unreleased Recordings from the Golden Reign of the Queen of Soul


More later

Chris Bro

No comments: