Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Everyone needs some humor in the middle of the week

I need to start watching Saturday Night Live again. Not because of the skits, but because of the digital shorts. I will admit Andy Samberg can sometimes be annoying, but he's a genius when it comes to these short films/music videos. A good sense of proof is that last month, he won a Creative Emmy Award with Justin Timberlake for their collaborative work "Dick in a Box." Let's not forget the awesomeness of "Lazy Sunday" (though it did get old after awhile) and then there was the rap video with Natalie Portman that was totally bad ass. Just recently, I found two SNL shorts that I missed seeing.

A few weeks ago, Samberg collaborated with Adam Levine from Maroon 5. They did a very clever and political video about the president from Iran. Not to mention, it's a pretty damn catchy song. Perhaps, Samberg should release an album that features the music from his videos. (Who wouldn't want to play "Dick in a Box" at their next holiday office party!?)Anyway, I can't help but wonder if the president from Iran saw this when he was in New York...



This past weekend's video just makes me think to watch out the next time I am about to eat something. The cameos in this are pretty fantastic! As for the music, it could've been better, but it works well with the dancing.



Alright, discuss! What do you think of the videos? and Are there still any half decent qualities left to SNL aside from this short films?

Well, I must get back to my homework and I have my writing workshop class in a half hour. It's in my dorm which is extremely convenient, because by this time of the day, I'm too tired to go elsewhere.

Take care,
Megan

ps- I think my English 1600-1800 Brit Lit class midterm just about damn near kick my ass today. Thus the reason why I'm posting about something a little mindless.

pps- I'm going to see The Wallflowers tomorrow night at the 9:30 Club. It's been 10 years since I last saw Jakob and the boys live, I'm sure you can imagine how exciting tomorrow night is going to be!

1 comment:

cbro said...

One of the greatest of all time.

"You ain’t wrong to me, so strong to me, you belong to me
Like a very hairy Jake Gyllenhaal to me"

Too funny.

Always nice to hear from you. Don't forget if you miss a NEXT show to stream it at nextmusiconline.com. Also you should fill out a NEXT survey.

Word