Saturday, March 04, 2006

Oscar


I hope Jon does well. I am sure he will.

My Picks

Picture: Brokeback Mountain
Hollywood gets back at Middle America for voting for Bush. Plus it is a great picture. I wouldn't be sad if Good Night and Good Luck won. In fact, this year all the films are great. Well done La La Land. I have heard that people are saying that because none of the film were in the top grossing films of the year this makes Hollywood out of touch. I say good. As stated before all the films are fine--hell better than fine. Plus these are the people that make American Idol the number one TV show and they voted for Bush. Below are the top grossing films and not a one deserve a nom. Don't get me started on War of the Worlds again people.

380,262,55 Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith (2005)
287,180,682 Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (2005)
284,742,793 The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)
234,280,354 War of the Worlds (2005)
215,699,910 King Kong (2005)
209,218,368 Wedding Crashers (2005)
206,456,431 Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (2005)
205,343,774 Batman Begins (2005)
193,136,719 Madagascar (2005)
186,336,103Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)

Should we start at the top. The best thing that can be said about SW is that it was the best one of the second 3.
Harry Potter--haven't seen it but it is on top of my queue. I am sure I will love it but not for best of the year.
The best thing that can be said for Narnia is the SNL Skit.
I don't have to go into War of the Worlds again? Do I?
The best thing about King Kong was a slip and the T-Rex fight
I loved Wedding Crashers but c'mon--next
I actually liked the first one better. Tim has an eye for creating a wonderful world and Johnny Depp is great but...
The best thing about Batman Begins is that is the best Batman film and not even the best comicbook movie this year. The best was Sin City but that movie is not for everyone. It was amazing though.
The last two were just a waste. A waste of talent and a waste of time.

Director: George Clooney
First off-- I came out of the movie just blown away by the man's eye. It was very stylish but not flashy or show-offy. Ang Lee will probably win but Georgie Boy gets my vote. Plus LA loves Clooney and listening to him talk and he needs to win something. Well something big. The man is loved.

Actress: Reese Witherspoon
The Man in Black is hot now but Keira Knightley could surprise and they always love the "dress down" with Charlize Theron.

Actor: Philip Seymour Hoffman
Everyone else just sit down. Nice try. This is Mr Hoffman's year or should be--see below.

Supporting Actor: Paul Giamatti
They make up for last year. See Morgan Freeman or Denzel Washington. They are always a year behind. Crash hasn't won anything yet? Maybe Dillon

Supporting Actress: Rachel Weisz
It could be a Brokeback night so don't be surprised if Michelle Williams nabs it.

Documentary: Enron: The Smarest Guys in the Room
Yes they were cute but I don't think the penguins can pull it off. Plus see best picture. La La Land is making a statment with this one. Murderball was great but I don't think it stands a chance.

So there they are.

All the Shorts are available at iTunes. That's pretty cool.

Gotta leave you with a tune from YouTube. The Hey Song.

More later
Bro

No comments: