Wednesday, May 28, 2008

new releases to look for


Just got back from camping with the kids. It was their first time and it was a huge success. Back to nature for more. I love the way time slows down out there. Even with the bit of rain a glorious time had by all.

On to the tunes

Julie Ocean - Long Gone and Nearly There

got 25 minutes? You've got time for this whole cd although you might want to book a solid hour because as soon as this cd ends you will probably hit "play" again.

I Love Math - Getting to the Point is Beside It
Remember when Alt Country was just a wee little babe? When it was basically the good Uncle Tupelo and few other "no depression" types...well if you miss those days try this cd out.

Lodger - Life is Sweet
This Leeds band is all about the fun, bounce-y Indie pop. They have a nice 80s vibe but not the "one hit wonder, damn I still can't believe everyone loved this tune" vibe but the "cool underground, I still can't believe everyone didn't like this tune" vibe. Think modern day Housemartins.



Also check
John Hiatt's "Same old Man". In this one he plays the perfect dad...well maybe. I am sure once I listen to this one again it will get "Gold Star" status but for now we'll just leave it here. Hope you don't mind.

More later
Bro



----------------
Now playing: Concrete Blonde - Mexican Moon
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Megs said...

I love Julie Ocean. Those dudes are from DC. I'm sure you know that one already. Glad to see that you listed a very awesome and worthy indie band.