Sunday, May 25, 2008

Angie's Answers


Real name: Angie


Where I live: Came from Boston to Columbus, Ohio (kicking and screaming)


Occupation:
Administrative Assistant – Commercial Real Estate


Favorite movie: .Historically…Some Like it Hot (Jack Lemon makes an awesome woman), Jaws (c’mon…the characters and casting – brilliant!), more recently…The Departed, Atonement (cinematography and music are incredible-pretty darn good story too)


Favorite book: Picky about literature….writer has to be talented..go figure! I’m a sucker for any short stories by Amy Hempel.


Favorite album: Okay, no-one can really commit to this one. There are just way too many. Gosh golly gee….okay I’ll do the island thing…would have to have – Any/All early David Bowie, Boz Scaggs-Next, Billy Pilgrim-Billy Pilgrim, Van Morrison-Tupelo Honey, and then of course anything by Aerosmith.


Three famous people I'd like to meet: Call me selfish but I would tend to want to shoot the ____ with famous people that I can get something from, you know, like knowledge, insight, inspiration, or just a damn good time. So, to that end …let’s get these three at a dinner table with a good glass of vino, 1. The Pope – man-what an interesting philosophical conversation that would be!…the guy’s gotta know a few things, 2. Sting, I think that boy is pretty talented and we’d have to jam, 3. William Shakespeare – just to listen to him form sentences – and fourth (I know only 3 but I couldn’t choose), Sean White – the dude just looks like he’d be fun.


One famous person I actually met:
There’s actually a bunch now that I think about it but I guess the most colorful one would have been Gene Simmons from Kiss. He talked to me in the hallway of his hotel while feeling up some leggy blonde.


Best concert experience: God….too many to state and too little time. Funny, but my favorite artists weren’t always my favorite concerts. It’s always the small one’s isn’t it? Well not always, Pink Floyd’s Animals tour at the Garden was pretty impressive (what I remember of it), but the one’s that stand out are: Karla Bonoff at a little intimate club in Cambridge, Mass., The Cars with Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers at the Paradise in Boston, Matchbox Twenty at a tiny little bar here in Columbus before they were known, and last but definitely not least…The Runaways with Joan Jett and Cheri Curry at the Rathskeller in Boston (yah, I was illegal but that’s when it was legal). More recently, Amos Lee was awesome at the Newport in Columbus.


Coolest pop-culture item I own: Okay, now it’s definitely my IPOD. Couldn’t live without the thing. Too bad the sound quality of MP3s bites the big one.

Has anyone found a device that plays them that actually sounds kick ass? Back in the day, it would have been my awesome New York Dolls poster that I can’t find anywhere anymore.


And what movie prop would like to own: Can I get that little black dress that Rene Russo wore in The Thomas Crown Affair?

No comments: