Monday, May 05, 2008

Pancake Mountain!

In a recent comment to Chris, I mentioned Pancake Mountain. For those who are intrigued, I figured I'd post a few things! First of all PM is a children's show that is made in Washington,DC. Another thing, back in Winter of 2006, I was actually in an episode! I wrote about it in an old blog of mine.

So now for a few videos from the show and such...

Here is a little intro clip.



The Go! Team did a pretty sweet dance party for the kids and yes this was at the Black Cat.



And now for my personal favorite The Evens doing "Vowel Movements" (Yes Ian MacKaye is that awesome still!)



My two best friends Sami and Kristy are in this clip. They were the ones who got me involved with PM actually. It's pretty cute clip. All these kids getting down to Jenny Lewis at the 9:30 Club!



As you can tell Pancake Mountain is pretty awesome. Kids are lucky, because they have this and Yo Gabba Gabba - yet another awesome indie rock-ish children's show that is strangely fun. Not like I have anything against Sesame Street, but they've lost their touch.

Enjoy,
Megan

3 comments:

cbro said...

My oh my oh marshmallow pie. That was brilliant. I love it. Thanks for the post.

Megs said...

Oh you're totally welcome! They sometimes go to other cities to film stuff, so you might want to get on their mailing list. I know the creator of the show and he's pretty awesome.

cbro said...

I might have to do that...I might ask for an email intro sometime too if I get this Rock and Roll playground off the ground.