Monday, February 27, 2006

She...only...loves me...when she's drunk


Not since Independence Day have I seen a movie and just been...well pissed. At least with that film Will Smith was funny. War of the Worlds is just terrible. I will start with the ending. Worst Ending... Ever. Seriously the ex-wife and her family in Boston look like they just finished Thanksgiving Dinner. The son survives? Come on Stevie grow a pair and the little robot girl (who everytime I see her interviewed scares me--I think cult for some reason) that almost literally screams through out the entire film should just go away. I just want to know if any of you saw this film. If so why didn't you warn me.

On the other hand someone did tell me to watch Serenity and the series Firefly. The TV show is at worst-- good and at its best--Excellent. The movie was the perfect ending to the cancelled show. Well done. I loved the score too. Pitch perfect. The theme song was ok but the score was brillant. So if you're jones-ing for some sci-fi get the series and the movie in your queue. Its The future meets the Western with a bit of Chinese thrown in.

In fact, after watching the whole series one after the other on DVD I will have to say that I really enjoyed watching it that way. I found myself addicted to it and was constantly craving the next show and bam there it was. It was a wonderful experience.

Also another DVD experience over the past couple of weeks I have enjoyed was listening to Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson chat up Wedding Crashers. They are a couple of guys that having beers with has got to be a good time. They talk about filming but also add their thought's on Football, Living in LA, and dating. I am Looking forward to their next project.

Billy Corgan treats Italian fans on the street to a cover of AC/DCs Long Way to the Top. via YouTube. Also another BC treat via YouTube. I am not a fan of wrestling but this is just too cool. Billy on ECW.

I linked to an Editors tune a few days ago and hopefully you enjoyed it. Now you can hear them in the flesh with Stellastarr*

Guster finishes up new CD now a tour.

TMZ reports:
Rock stars Bono and Bob Geldof were nominated for the 2006 Nobel Peace Prize along with Indonesia's president, a former U.S. secretary of state and a Finnish peacemaker.
Geldof, former leader of the Irish punk group the Boomtown Rats, was nominated for organizing last year's Live 8 benefit concerts, while another Irish singer, U2 frontman Bono, was proposed for his fight against world poverty.

Melodicrock is reporting
VH1 has begun taping a new reality show tentatively titled Supergroup this week in Las Vegas. The premise of the show is to lock several musicians in a house for 10 days and get them to write and record some new original music. The line-up is: Scott Ian (Anthrax, guitar), Ted Nugent (guitar), Evan Seinfeld (Biohazard, bass), Sebastian Bach (ex-SKID ROW, vocals) and Jason Bonham (Bonham, UFO, Foreigner, drums).

The end is near people start saving canned goods and bottled water
The Daily Star reports that Kanye West has collaborated with Coldplay singer Chris Martin on a song called 'Homecoming'. A source revealed that the song "sounds like a Coldplay song with a beat, which is exactly what [Kanye] wanted."

Have Einstein write whatever you want on his blackboard.

The title is the countryish indie rock song "When she's drunk" by the Giraffes. Fun, quirky folk rock.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree with all of your War of the Worlds gripe. Additionally, what was Tim Robbins thinking?

However, I would rewatch all of that crap just to see the first 30 minutes again. That was some fairly powerful stuff. What wasted potential...

cbro said...

I love Mr Robbins too and the only thing I was thinking of while he was on the screen was...What the Hell was he thinking?(not will they get caught by evil ET but seriously what is he, as an actor thinking) I have often wondered if actors know they are making cr@p during the filming.

So Naught you saw it before my little rant and never mentioned just how god awful it was? I hate you.:)

Hey I am currently listening to Ambulance LTDs new EP--good stuff-- only two new tunes but a live version of Fearless by Floyd...and it's good. Download that one brother man. EP due out in March I think. Look for a new LP towards the end of the year...just in time for the top ten of the year lists.