Thursday, September 25, 2008

CDs 9-23

So much...too much this week.

I was at the Kings of Leon show. Thanks for the tickets Bill. You are my hero. It was a fine affair and these young lads are leaving the South behind and inching closer to U2 territory. They opened with "Crawl" my favorite off the cd. After hearing that the only song I really needed to hear was "The Bucket" and I would have been a very happy boy.



Molly's Chambers


I couldn't find "The Bucket" so here is a different live version.


OK. So great concert. Ears still ringing and head still buzzing. Now on to this week's CDs. Buckle up there is quite a lot of the good stuff.

TV on the Radio - Dear, Science
Off Kilter kings relax a bit and "wax on, wax off" and make their most coherent album.

Kings of Leon - Only By the Night
Looking to be the next U2 and could be. I miss some of the fun but this is high quality.

The Replacements - Second batch of Deluxe Editions
Tim, Pleased To Meet Me, Don't Tell A Soul, and All Shook Down. You already know how I feel about "All Shook Down" but if you are only going to buy one make it "Tim". The bonus' are a bit better but still my fav of these is "Pleased To Meet Me". So I am saying save "Don't Tell a Soul" until last.

Jenny Lewis - Acid Tongue
Moving way beyond just a pretty face with a pretty voice. She is a full throttle song writer. Pure joy listening to this cd.

Blizten Trapper - Furr
The sun is going down so you throw this cd on. Like mellow Dylan, Neil or The Dead.

Metallica - Death Magnetic
yes this is late but holy balls it's like being in HS school and listening to "Master of Puppets" prior to our soccer match.

Others to check out. I told you there was a lot
Jackson Browne, Everlast and Cowboy Mouth and for your punk moods the All Girl Summer Fun Band. Alt-country/ Indie super group Golden Smog released a best of so if you missed them it's a nice time to play catch up.

More later
Bro


----------------
Now playing: Steve Earle - Copperhead Road
via FoxyTunes

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

KOL is pretty great live aren't they?
New album still growing on me, but fine work as usual.
I have to write up my live MMJ experience from Tuesday.
As far as Metallica goes, very enjoyable...Rick Rubin has brought yet another artist back from the dead.

cbro said...

tell me more brother man. Love to hear about the MMJ experience. How cool is it that they are playing MSG for New Year's Eve?

Rick definitely helps bands remember from whence they came.

The KOL LP is great and they are growing but like I said I miss the "fun" of the first few cds.