Wednesday, July 30, 2008

6 degrees

So thanks for clicking and reading this. Just for reading I think I have a few tee shirts and/or CDs laying around. I will randomly pick a few "clickers" to mail them to.

This is titled 6 Degrees because well I am hoping that between all of us we will be "connected" to someone that would be able to help.

So anyway I have an idea of hosting NEXT bands at bars in Westchester but no money. Also I want to raise money for Big Brother Big Sisters too. (I do have a way to make this work)

In order to do that I was hoping that a NEXT listener might be able to get me a contact or two to help get this idea off the ground. I am looking for 1 to 3 companies to sponsor NEXT and the NEXT year long monthly concerts and split the cost. I am in negotiations with one company. Wish me luck.

I realize the economy sucks right now but I will be able to work to make this as painless as possible. Email me if you have any leads. Thanks. Bro

2 comments:

Megs said...

I am not sure if this would help or not, but I can email you a few contacts I know music pr wise in terms of getting indie bands to play. Also, I could email you contact info to a friend of mine who works on the Rachel Ray show. Let me know what you think! I really love your idea btw.

cbro said...

Sadly finding the bands is not the hard part. I have most of them lined up but if I find funding that I would love to chat to your buddies.

The bands are willing to come to do this at a bargain price (plus I promised I'd feed them and get them beers). The bands have been great and that is why I went forward with this.

I am just hoping someone knows someone.

So is Ray Ray hopped up on drugs or she always that happy?