Wednesday, July 02, 2008

A bit of a movie plus the tunes

so I went to Sex and The City last night. Honestly not too bad. I mean I knew it was the ultimate chick flick but really not too bad. Worst ending ever though. I mean I know it's the ultimate click flick but even my wife thought the ending was pure cr@p. My words not hers.

It was a long a$$ film too. Way too long. The best part (well actually there were a few good moments) but I loved the previews. Three more trailers for click flicks and then a car explodes...a trailer for Will Smith's "Hancock". I guess the thinking was, "ok a few guys (yes like me) had to leave their balls at home and see the movie with the wife...so let's throw them a bone before this looooong a$$ click flick starts."

So yes to answer the question instead of writing up the "gold star cds" this week I was off at the movies.

Tunes we all want the music.

Earlimart - Hymn and Her
More mid tempo dreamy indie pop from this LA trio. Their best is still "Treble and Tremble" which sounds just like Elliott Smith if Elliott Smith were a boy girl fronted trio.

Also check out
Los Lonely Boys and their just fine Tex Mex family music and John Mayer shows us his three sides in a live CD called "Where the Light Is". Yes you not only get his soft rock side but the folky solo stuff with his rockin' blues too.

More later
Bro


----------------
Now playing: Lloyd Cole - Weeping Wine
via FoxyTunes

No comments: