Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Music is good

good music is better.

So quite a bit more this week than last and some big names have released the new tunes.


The Gold Stars:
Beck teams up with Danger Mouse and actually I guess I was hoping for the "blowing of my mind" but it's just good/great, wonderful classic sounding Beck. What you want more? Actually I did. This might need a few listens but I doubt this will be most listened to Beck cd.

Now this next cd might on the surface seem like a shocker. A pairing that spells certain death but I'll tell you it works. Willie Nelson with Wynton Marsalis' "Two Men with the Blues." A live recording of a concert they did at Jazz at Lincoln Center...which is a place you need to see a concert at before you die.

I will venture a bet that you never thought that you would see Billy Joel written up here but The Stranger turns 30 and the have expanded it to 2cds and a DVD. Sounds like youth. In 1977 it was Rumors and this cd.

Others to give a listen to and purchase the tunes you love
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes have another great cd of punk covers. Albert Hammond Jr sounds closer to the Strokes on this cd...I guess he wants a new Strokes cd too. Check Ratatat for some rock instrumental experiments and the Mighty Mighty Bosstones have just released a cd of B sides.

enjoy it all
Bro



----------------
Now playing: Pink Floyd - Not Now John
via FoxyTunes

No comments: