Friday, March 07, 2008

Best of Feb 08


What a glorious month of music. In January - in 5 weeks of Tuesdays I handed out 10 Gold Stars to CDs. This month in just 4 Tuesdays...14 CDs get the Gold Star treatment. Now if I am truly honest with myself I will say that this CD of the month is out of a long time of wanting the the world to recognize Bob Mould(I think maybe Kelley Stotlz should have gotten it). What can I say...I have a soft spot for the man's music and he and his bands are one of the main people to blame for all that is Indie and Alternative in music today. Oh and if you ever get the chance you need to see him solo and acoustic. The man is simply amazing. If you think The Foo Fighter's "acoustic songs" are heavy, man you ain't heard nothing yet.

Anyway Congrats to Bob Mould for my CD on the month. I think we can call this one a comeback. He pretty much throws in ever style that he has ever recorded and put it together on this disc. There are the sonic assults with and without acoustic guitars and the bleeps of the DJing too but this time a bit more in the background (mostly). It's his kitchen sink cd and it works. Welcome back Uncle Bob. I've missed you.


Also check out his great Blog too.


There are a serious 7 or 8 CDs that should be in your collection from this month music lovers. Happy shopping.

More later
Bro

No comments: