Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Something for the ears

It's Tuesday and that means new releases. Ever wonder why new releases are released on Tuesday? The mail. Just to make sure everyone has the new material at the same time. Or maybe not.

Anyway

She and Him - Volume One
Now when you hear that an Actor or Actress is going into the studio most of you run the other way screaming something like, "Make the bad man stop!!" or "for the love of all that is good and holy does the world really need another failed attempt?" Well I want you to listen to this glorious cd first before you go running off. In fact after listening you may run screaming "hey everyone you need to listen to this." The Him is a modern favorite of mine, M Ward. The man is all good. The She is Zooey Dechanel of Elf and more. This CD plays like an old timey classic. Sit back and enjoy. Really.

Gnarl's Barkley - The Odd Couple
They are back...I don't hear a "Crazy" and that is not a bad thing. They are all over the place and sound beautiful. If you liked their first cd stick this in your CD player and shake those hips brother man.


Andrew Bird - Soldier On (EP)
I will continue to write about this man until everyone I know has a CD or 3 by him. The man is magic. Period. Plus he may be one of the great whistling dudes in music.
although I did just find this

and if you are a fan of the 80s College Rock Music scene or the Jangly Rock period of Classic REM you will enjoy Big Dipper's "Supercluster" which is a fine collection from this band.

More later
Bro

5 comments:

Megs said...

I really like the new Gnarl's Barkley. Sounds pretty fresh. I'll have to snag a copy of that sometime soon.

By the way, Is that Justin Timberlake in the beginning of their video?

cbro said...

That JT is everywhere.

Congrats on that first Guinness. Is there anything sexier than watching that cascade?

Megs said...

I'm all about JT these days, which is hilarious considering that I hated all those boy bands. I finally broke down back in December and put his most recent album on my cd wishlist. I didn't buy it, my mom did. I can at least say that my mom gave it to me as a Christmas gift. (I only lose half a cred point, right?)

Thank you! It was tasty like bread. And I am not sure if there is anything sexier than watching it cascade. But I will say that it was kinda hot and badass to see my friend (he's kinda a boyfriend but not really) outdo my moment of glory by doing a few Irish car bombs. When he started ordering them (which was as soon as he walked into the bar), I teased him and said "Oh I see how it is. You're trying to make me look like a wuss now by showing off."

cbro said...

now that is a nice Irish moment.

I am sure that half a point in cred will be quickly restored with your next post.

Just youtube "perfect guinness pour" and honestly tell me there is nothing sexier...just try.

Megs said...

You're totally right. I was just memorized watching the clip. I just hope that eventually I'll get a real taste for it. Until then, Guinness won't be a usual thing for me at the bar. Eventually, I will grow a taste for it. I swear!