Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mum's Day


That Al Gore is one funny dude. on SNL. Great opening bit. Or maybe for some reason you think Bush Was Right. Video. I swear the tune is the Emo version of Billy Joel's "We Didn't Start the Fire". Try to tell me I'm wrong.

50 most loathesome people. I think I may have posted this before. If so sorry but worth reading again.

Thom York solo --sorry that's right he doesn't want to call it a solo project.

Bloc Party Is Coming to America
BLOC PARTY -- set to headline both Toronto's Olympic Island festival and Chicago's Intonation Festival in June -- will return to the U.S. for a short late-summer run. Kicking off the run July 28th at Boston's Bank Pavilion with the London hipsters -- who are currently working on the follow-up to their 2005 debut Silent Alarm with producer JACKKNIFE LEE -- on select dates will be joined by psychedelic rockers SECRET MACHINES (July 28th in Boston and July 29th in Brooklyn, New York) and Canadian collective BROKEN SOCIAL SCENE (August 3rd in Los Angeles and August 4th in Berkeley, California). Denmark's MEW are also on board for the entire two-week jaunt. Tickets go on sale beginning May 20th, while pre-sale tickets become available to the band's fan club, Marshals, on May 15th. From Rolling Stone.

So I just listened to the advance of The Raconteurs. I hate when the radio song is the best song on the cd. Just bums me out. I had such high hopes for that CD. If the only thing it does is introduce people to Brendan Benson then I guess I will be happy. Also not very happy with the advance of Sam Roberts latest. First off it wouldn't run on my computer(also our radio station's music is on computers so even if I wanted to play this I would have to go the long way around--stupid). Christ haven't we learned from Sony about DRMs. Plus I thought Canadians were suppose to be mellower. Anyway I was addicted to his last cd but this cd will just fade away. The Stills will be in the same catagory. Sadly. On a brighter note the advance on Dan Wilson is decent. It's no "A Great Divide" that's for sure. Think Westerberg solo but Semisonic was no The Replacements and Wilson is no Westerberg but I think you get the idea.

Trends in Satellite Radio. Interesting. Stern? Who cares? Only 8% of his listeners followed. Nice waste of money. He was barely worth it when he was on free radio with 42 minutes of commericals.

Top Websites. Visited.

More later
Bro

No comments: