Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Mess with me will ya

OK...it may seem as if I love everyone and everything. Hey I grew up in the Midwest. I am a lover not a fighter. I am a uniter not a divider (and mean it unlike some people) but Don't get me started on the so called Southern Hospitality. Honestly don't say "bless your heart" around me. Sorry about that but I do have some venom in me--HM you know me well enough to know that.

So you wanted a few CDs of not so good. Here you go.

1. Coldplay. They wanted this LP to be their OK Computer or Kid A but they aren't that good so they dish out the same crap part 3. Don't get me wrong it is not a bad CD but I have already heard it twice before and both of their prior CDs are better. Sorry. They are. They want to be bigger than U2...they have a long way to go with me. Right now they are just glammed up David Grays. In fact, I bet David Grays new CD (coming out soon) will be listened to more than this at least by me. And don't even get me started on APPLE. Seriously. Apple? You are a dumbass.

2. I have never watched an American Idol. I don't listen to AI winners. I just can't but here at number two I put in that BO guy. I saw him on the Daily Show and didn't really like the way he came across but Jon Stewart said he like Bo's singing. I really hope he was just blowing smoke up the young man's ass because I have to knock Jon down a notch or two if that is how he really feels. Now I will also tell you that this review is based on iTunes 30 second preview but I did listen to "Inside your heaven". Truthfully it isn't better than anything done by Winger. Winger people Winger. Boy am I glad I have never watched an American Idol and deep down you wish you could say the same thing. Go take a shower(and bring a beer in with you or better yet a bottle of Patron)-- you will feel better and remember you don't have to watch "reality" TV.

3. Willie just because you like to "Burn One Down" does not make you a reggae star. Next time wouldn't someone please have the balls to tell Willie that it just isn't a good idea. Even if he fires you...you will sleep better at night. Maybe he was to busy watching that Jessica Simpson video of "these boots are make for walking" he was in to notice just how bad things were going. Jessica was gushing about working with Willie I bet this reggae thing was her idea. Or maybe Nick got jealous and planted the seed one night when he was getting high with him. That actually would be pretty cool if that were the case.

4. The Kaiser Chiefs. They are the front runners in the Mercury Prize running. Really? They have a couple of good tunes...but album of the year I think not. Aren't these the same people that awarded Gomez the M prize many moons ago?

5. This one hurts but I have a feeling that is what HM wanted so here it goes. Ben Folds. Silverman is actually decent but not for Ben. I want him to Rock my Suburbs with witty, funny, thought-provoking tunes that have hooks. That is all I want from him. I know this is my problem and not the CDs. Don't expect too much and you'll never be disappointed. I have this proudly in my collection next to the rest of his catalogue but honestly when I am in the mood for Mr. Folds I will grab any of his other CDs except this one. I am sad now.

More later--I know there are plenty more but this should give you an idea.
Bro

No comments: