Friday, July 08, 2005

I'd rather have hope than saddness

Gigs cancelled after London Bombing.

Concert tickets cost up...sales down. Speaking of concerts Dane Cook is coming to NYC. If you don't know this funny man--change that. See you at the Thursday show at MSG. When clicking on his site turn up the V. Safe for work as he bleeps out the bad words.

New technology cool but most still use the tried and true ways of getting their music. This is going to change very soon. 5 years?

I can name that tune...for a price. Another article on a subject I've linked to before.

time to do something to take back the game. If you are sick of a player that has forgotten that he is living a charmed life then let the world know via a petition. This player sucks.

Now this is true love or why didn't I think of this...well maybe cuz I'm sane? Maybe.

The Aquabats...a very different band. Think Gwar done by Disney doing ska.

I think I found a pic of HM playing putt putt golf...get it HelperMonkey...nevermind although I have always found that the best jokes are the ones you need to explain.

HM already covered the poor coverage of Live 8 by MTV and as if they had read HM's post...Audio Aggression reports: MTV has apologized for its eminently interrupted coverage of July 2nd's Live 8 concerts, which was highly criticized for cutting away during Pink Floyd's performance, as well as excessive commercial breaks. MTV EVP Van Toffler told the L.A. Times that a re-edited version of the Live 8 broadcast is "not the craziest idea." He added, "Knowing what I know now, I probably would have made the decision to go commercial-free." Further proof that I indeed no longer need to ever watch the station again.

Have you been wondering who will replace Stern?...here's your golden god
Audio Aggression reports: Van Halen frontman David Lee Roth is being rumored as Howard Stern's replacement for Infinity Broadcasting's next radio star after "The King Of All Media" ends his run on FM radio. The rumor was started by Chaunce Hayden of Steppin' Out Magazine. Hayden had this to say in an online post:
"Howard Stern's successor has been found! It's none other than '80s rocker David Lee Roth. Infinity Broadcasting isn't commenting and Roth has been asked to keep mum until it's officially announced. But an inside source at Infinity has confirmed the signing.

More later
Bro

The title of the post is from the forth coming CD by Idlewind. I got this tune a pre-release on iTunes called "love steals us from loneliness" Right now it is an import so just wait a few months then it will be released Stateside.

4 comments:

HelperMonkey said...

Diamond Dave is on a roll

cbro said...

I actually think it will work...he has the ego and he can turn a phrase. I don't listen to stern but may actually listen to DLR.

HelperMonkey said...

Being a radio guy I am surprised you said that. I listen to Stern, and like him, but love him or hate him, you have to admit he is a true radio guy. I love Diamond Dave but he is a "Celebrity" doing radio. That never works. Stern has a fanbase built up from 20+ years. People would view Dave as a novelty ala Danny Patridge.
Having said that, Dave put on a real entertaining show last week.

cbro said...

What I meant was I don't Mancow or other "wanna bees" to get it. And I wouldn't really listen to DLR as I can't stand talk(same basic reason I don't listen to Stern plus I am out of 7th grade)--I need music too much. Stern is a great interviewer but as far as a replacement I see the celeb thing to be a good thing. You need to remind people about radio and a radio person is just the same ol same ol. I don't hate Stern and wouldn't love DLR.