Monday, July 18, 2005

Let's say sunshine for everyone

I like the concept. The Misfats. A large cover band of the Misfits that change the words a bit.

I don't feel so good or stop the world I want to get off. Paul Anka covers rock and/or roll. And now you must share my pain. Oh my ears...my ears they bleed. Anka does Jump by VH.

I know I've alread posted this letter to the Kansas school board but he now has reply letters and other emails of interest. You should check it out again.

Singer uses ebay to get money for a record. Now if I could just get someone to advertise with me for my own radio show playing all the tunes I mention here on this blog.

More on Podcasting this time from Wired.

Video to your iPod. Maybe soon.

The Dylan doc by Marty.

Love the name of the band. Morningwood. Love it. Here is their myspace...space.

Outsourcing your own job. Is this good or bad or why didn't I think of this.

Pixies ready for an album.

(antiMusic - Trent McMartin Special Report) Foo Fighter frontman Dave Grohl spoke candidly recently to Austin Scaggs of Rolling Stone about his relationship with the late Kurt Cobain. When asked why Cobain or Nirvana made him feel so insecure, Grohl replied, “When I joined Nirvana I was the fifth or sixth drummer -- I don’t know if they’d ever had a drummer they were totally happy with. And they were strangers. There was never much of a deeper connection outside of the music.”
The usually private Grohl has never really publicly discussed Cobain at such great length as he does in this interview touching upon various topics as Cobain’s sometime dissatisfaction with Grohl’s drumming, the pressure of being in Nirvana, the MTV Unplugged performance and the time leading up to Cobain’s death.
Grohl’s other famous band The Foo Fighters are currently out on the road supporting their latest release, the double album In Your Honor, which hit number two on the billboard album charts. The band is currently on tour. The band will be kicking off its Canadian tour next month before heading out to Europe.

Press Release reports: In addition to being the guitarist for one of the most influential and beloved bands of all-time, PIXIES' guitarist Joey Santiago is forging a career in television. Over the past few months in-between Pixies' reunion dates, Santiago has been holed up in the studio scoring the original music for "Weeds," the new Showtime original comedy series that debuts August 10. "Weeds" stars Mary-Louise Parker, Elizabeth Perkins and Kevin Nealon, and looks at "typical" family life in the suburban neighborhood of Agrestic, CA where recently-widowed Nancy Botwin (Parker) makes ends meet by becoming the neighborhood pot dealer.
"This is a lot of fun and something I can continue to do when I'll embarrass my kids by being on stage," joked Santiago. "Scoring a TV series is a lot different than playing in a band, the pace and deadlines are completely different, but once you get into the groove, it's really great."
Hailed as "the most talked-about comedy in ages" by Newsweek, "Weeds" will air on Showtime Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 10:00PM.

Since Naught has reminded me about movies I thought I would inform you of the last two Netflix viewings I have had. The Machinist. Wow Christian. I am sure most of you know that Bale lost 60 lbs to play the role but it is more than that. It is a slow movie but in a good way. think Noir with a bit of Momento. It's moody. The other was The Boondock Saints. If you like Ultraviolent movies put this is your queue. I was surprised at how good it was. Plus it has Willem DaFoe in Drag.




the title is from a current fav--I can't get enough of it right now. You must check out Syd Matters if you like David Gray. The song is called "Obstacles" The CD comes out in August but he does have another cd out.

No comments: