Saturday, March 05, 2005

First time I did it for the hell of it

The last bit of lyric was from the glorious "Gimme back my dog" from Slobberbone. I can not even begin to explain the joy I get from that song (actually the whole album brings a smile to my face). One great breakup song. Those that know--know. Those that don't--don't.

So I was away in LA and south of LA in Laguna Beach. I had a great time. I got to interview Virginia Madsen. She actually talked to me and answered my questions seriously. She was wonderful. Plus she brought her mother to the awards--more cool points for that. I still think she should have won.

After La La Land went down to Laguna Beach. My oh My there are a lot of art galleries down there. I almost bought a print of handwritten lyrics to "Watching the Wheels" from Lennon. $900 if you are into that.

While down in LB I met a screenwriter. I asked her what she was/has worked on. Her last two were Curious George and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe. Both movies I am excited about. She was surprised when I told her that Will Ferrell was the Man in the Yellow Hat and that Jack Johnson was doing the Soundtrack. She asked how I knew that. I said because I am a geek. That is something you already knew. If you haven't read the Hitchhiker's Guide books--now would be a good time. Think Monty P type humor. A good quick read that is very very funny.

Enough about my travels. I had a good time. Onward. HelperMonkey was busy filling my inbox with a few goodies I will now share with you. Thanks helper monkey.

the new music tip sheet. It is what it sounds like. It gives you the new releases. Very cool. HelperMonkey also wants you to check out Chickenhead. Thanks again HM. You are a good man.

Fun/ Gross Martial Arts bit.

How does our neighbor up there feel? Here's an op-ed from the Winnipeg Free Press.

A cool vid "about" Giant Steps by Coltrane. Enjoy the tune enjoy the process.

One F*($ing small step? Be careful bad words but it is very funny.

They recorded together 17 years ago, and now U2 is hooking up once again with blues great B.B. King. RollingStone.com reports that U2 and King are reuniting to record a song for King's forthcoming album, scheduled for release later this year. Here is more Bono--
Bono Plans His Own Funeral
Rock stars: One minute they're championing Third World interests, the next minute they're waxing morbid about their own death! Bono reveals he's thought about his last goodbye in an upcoming book. The book, Bono in Conversation, collects several interviews with the acclaimed U2 singer. Among them, is one where Bono chooses the music for his funeral (Bob Dylan's "Death is Not the End" and Pavarotti's "La Traviata"). Hopefully the singer, who has no known ailments, will remain healthy enough to trudge through the band's upcoming tour to support How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb (Interscope). http://www.aversion.com. I don't think this is so bad. I have an iTunes playlist called "songs for my funeral" I want to put the fun back in funeral or at least some good tunes.

Lines are being blurred between online radio and music swapping.

Interpol video.

XM has raised its price. It is now the same price as Sirius. The first step toward the merger. Get the people use to the price then...

More later.
Peace Off
Bro

No comments: