Friday, February 08, 2008

CD of the month of Jan '08


It was a good first month of the year. Drive By Truckers. Close. Marah. Even closer. Vampire Weekend. There you go. CD of the month.

The internet darlings are turning this thing into something good. They are number 17 on the charts and still selling. Since they are selling so many cds I am sure all the internet blogs will be turning their collective backs on them soon (if not already). Maybe even claiming sellout. Too bad really. I said it before and I know I'll say it again that even this early in the year this could be a top ten cd.

One of my all time favs are Talking Heads and this band reminds me of them. Fun and serious and funky and rock(y) all playing together nicely and not one of them is running with scissors.

More later
Bro

No comments: