Saturday, February 02, 2008

Super Bowl

I say Go Bears...oh wait they didn't make the Super Bowl this year.

Yes please if there is a god let the Pats lose. That would be brilliant. If there is no god then the Pats win. I think it may be that simple.

A shut out would be even more brilliant. I bet the score is 45-37 or something like that but 3-0 would be amazing. Or better yet Brady gets sacked on their first drive for a safety and Giants win 2-0. That would be ah…wait for it…mazing.

Actually I am sure that god doesn’t care about the Super Bowl but I am sure that he/she does care that it cost almost 3 million for 30 seconds of air time and yet NEXT can’t get a sponsor (because god does care about good music) or that we still have yet to rebuild New Orleans. I am sure it cares about that.

Now file this one under "you've got to be F^*KING Kidding Me"
Exxon just announced that they broke last years record and made almost $1,300 a second. A second? That just amazes me. I honestly can't wrap my head around that figure.

I could watch Walter run all day long. I remember having a t shirt of his 275 recording breaking game. I would wear that everyday. I loved that shirt...anyone have one that I could buy?

1 comment:

cbro said...

What a great bloody game...I guess I am off to become a Monk. I hope they will still let me do NEXT. Great game and some good commercials too. What were some of yours? I know you can't give an entire Defense the MVP but seriously they played gloriously. To hold the Pats to 14 points?!? And Plax was almost right on the score. He said 24-17 with a Giants win.