Wednesday, April 26, 2006

NEXT starts tonight-kinda


Next Wednesday is the Grand Opening of NEXT but we will have a "soft" opening tonight. You are invited to listen. You can listen on the radio in the New York City area on 107.1 or online 1071thepeak.com

Here's the playlist a special and delicious treat just for you:

WEEK ONE PLAYLIST:
NEXT is brought to you by Snapple.

We are Scientists – Lousy Reputation
Are you a fan of loud, jangly guitars? You could do worse. Plus you have to respect a man that knows he can’t get passed the bad rep of a possible girlfriend.
KT Tunstall – Miniature Disasters
Huge on both sides of the pond but you already knew that
The Editors – Munich
This song sounds like happy to me. I smile when I listen to it and bounce up and down.
Head like a kite – Pour Me a Drink!
You gotta love any song with a “!” You know they will seriously rock you. Highly recommend this cd.
Turin Brakes – cover RHCP – Breaking The Girl
Every week NEXT does a cover song. This is this weeks. Hope you enjoyed.
Gomez – How We Operate
They should be huge. Please help them get huge. One of my favorite bands to come out of the 90s.
Secret Machines – Alone, Jealous and Stoned
Does a title get any better? It’s like they know my life.
Nada Surf – Do It Again
Since their MTV hit (which wasn’t that bad) they have been on a roll.
Mates of State – Think Long
They are married and make music. My hats off to them – a marriage is hard enough without the road trips in the van.
Donavon Frankenreiter – Move By Yourself
What a 180. I dig it though.
Drive-By Truckers – Gravity’s Gone
A wonderful run of 4 straight LPs with this one. I am not the biggest fan of southern rock but I am a huge fan of these guys.
Little Willies – It’s Not You, It’s Me
Norah Jones’ side project that I hope creates more laid back magic. Sit on the back porch and mellow out with this cd.
Chris Whitley and the Bastard Club – Mountainside
Yes I know it’s a cover of a Flaming Lips tune and I already played a cover this week but it is my favorite tune on this cd. It’s a huge song on so many levels.

Thanks for listening. Until next week.
Chris Bro

PS: This list is available as an iMix on iTunes. Go to the iMix mainpage and search under “iMix Name” for Next Week One. It should pop right up. If not just email me a cbro@1071thepeak.com

YouTube--How to put on a band aid so that it stays on all day.

Now I am a huge fan of Chocolate but why this? Chocolate room

More later
Bro

a big thank you to anyone that listens to the show.

No comments: