Sunday, June 12, 2005

I feel stupid and contagious

Greetings all, thanks for the intro cbro. I’m Pezman, the new third member of A Glorious Mess, and yes, I did drag my feet a bit in joining. Sure contributing to the blog could be a great creative, and possibly even cathartic, outlet and letting loose with the occasional, hopefully witty, rant seems like a fun idea. However, having to do so on a regular basis seems an awful lot like a commitment and I’m under the strictest doctors’ orders to avoid commitment at all costs. It’s sad, especially considering what a commitment-hound I am, but such is my condition. Besides having failed to comply with their trinity of more outrageous requests (eating healthier, drinking less, getting some exercise) I felt I should follow at least one piece of their advice.*

Fortunately that hoopy frood cbro has assured me that the blog is no needy girlfriend. I won’t be required to check in on a regular basis or spend X amount of time a week updating (in this case X = minimum amount of face time required to avoid the “where are we going?” speech). Instead I can pop in when the mood strikes me, let loose my creative seed, then not give the blog another thought until the urge strikes me again. Like an ideal relationship.

Have I mentioned that I’m still single?

Well I hate to cut this rant short, but I still have some home repairs I need to address. But before I go I will share this little known plumbing fact. When the water leaves your tub it’s vitally important that it goes down the drainpipe rather than just splashing about inside the wall space. Seems trivial, but trust me, the people who live below you will notice if that’s not the case.

So I’m off to buy more duct tape, but I’ll be back. Have a good time in Spain cousin!




*Not that the AMA ever listens to my advice. I have yet to find a doctor who will take seriously my cholesterol/ blood pressure buddy system. My theory is that it’s fine to have one that is outrageously high provided the other is equally elevated. That is to say you can have all the cholesterol you want flowing through your arteries, you just have to keep it moving too fast to settle anywhere. So if you’re going to have that second order of french fries just be sure to salt the hell out of them.

1 comment:

HelperMonkey said...

Welcome, man of pez