Thursday, August 28, 2008

A few tips for fantasy fun

Get your mind out of the gutter. Actually I'll let it linger there for a bit...ok. Ready?

My fantasy football drafts are done. I think I'll do ok. I have been playing fantasy for quite a few years now. Here are a few things I'd like to see in my leagues. If you are not in any of my leagues this might help anyway.

OK first off Yes I know you're busy. You have a wife, a life, hopefully a good job, kids and you need to drink beer. Luckily fantasy football wouldn't get in the way of that last one. It may enhance it.

Trades. This isn't life or death so trade. Or at least get some offers out there. In fact, if I offer you a trade don't just decline it. Counter offer something or at least give me an email explaining why you declined the trade. I can't read your mind. I like trades. Trades are fun. I like fun.

Post something at least once a week. This is supposed to be fun and a little gentle teasing makes the season go by quicker. It doesn't have to be mean. It could anything...honestly anything. Football topics are prefered but I'll even take a non football post about your love of the latest "High School the Musical" movie. Just stay active on the boards.

Yes stay active. Don't be "The Quiter". Sure your team is 2-8 and you have been out of the playoff race for awhile but there are two teams fighting for that last spot. Don't forget to get your stud rb back into the lineup after his bye week. Don't mess up somebody else's season just because you quit.

Watch the waivers. Thus stay active. Your season can be saved by simply watching who is available. Last year Ryan Grant wasn't drafted I am sure plenty of team rode him into the playoffs. This happens every year. There are always surprises.

Forget the experts. Get who you want but don't be a complete "Homer".

So offer trades, post comments, be active and have fun.

Go get'em tiger
More later and good luck
Bro



----------------
Now playing: Old 97s - Dance With Me
via FoxyTunes

No comments: