Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Aug 26 CDs




Delta Spirit - Ode to Sunshine

This band comes at you from so many places. It's timeless rock or maybe Indie Folk Rock with the emphasis on the rock. A fun, multi layered cd.

The Gabe Dixon Band - self titled
Clean Piano Rock. Not the clever, humorous, intelligent piano rock of Ben Folds more like an Indie Rock "Benny and the Jets". Quite the Exuberant cd but not too loud and not too soft just like baby bears radio station.

Matthew Sweet - Sunshine Lies
So this man does remember what his guitar sounded like on Girlfriend/Altered Beast. He always puts out quality but it's nice to hear "classic" Sweet.

Don't forget
JJ Grey and Mofro. Sadly I think his latest cd is way over produced. It's still swampy-like front porch music but this time a bit too clean. Blues Traveler have new music too. Nightmares on Wax gives us some "beach jams". Throw one of these on a mix tape and get happy. I always smile when I see a Tesla Cd. See in college the guy across the hall had such a man crush on this band and I will admit that any lead singer that was a garbage truck driver in a former life and turns into a rock star...well that just makes me happy. Much better than being "Hanna Montana's brother"

More later
Bro


----------------
Now playing: Shade - wide eyed
via FoxyTunes

1 comment:

Vago said...

Funny enough, this was the first JJ Grey & Mofro album for me, so I really dug it. That being said, I do think the old school feel of the earlier albums is a bit more fitting for these guys.

Either way, I've been getting my southern soul on!

Dan (formerly, EvilMonkey)