Saturday, November 26, 2005

Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!


So I finally made it to the Vanguard over the holiday. I went and saw Brad Mehldau. If you know him at all you know him from his radiohead covers. He has a jazz trio and played a short set with mostly originals. The trio did play Paul Simon's "Fifty ways to leave your lover" and Radiohead's "Knives out". For the life of me I couldn't hear the PS tune but I will believe him that it was what they were covering. Or maybe it was jazz humor.

The Vanguard is a small death trap but not a bad seat in the house. They pack you in so make sure you like the people you bring to the venue. The mixed drinks were small but alcohol heavy. We were literally right behind Brad. If I wanted to I could have easily touched him with just one step. The stage is barely a stage. I would high reccommend you not only see The Brad Mehldau Trio (his tour) but when in NYC get to the Vanguard. It's history is dripping. Oh he has a new drummer and he is awesome.

Zero 7 links. Live performances etc.

Ringtones are the new singles. From rolling stone.

Scotch tape beats Sonys protection.

iTunes rank number 7 in music sales.

late I know but RIP Chris Whitley and Link Ray. Long may you jam.

Blabbermouth reports: JUDAS PRIEST frontman Rob Halford is strongly rumored to have been tapped to play the role of "Dr. X" on QUEENSRŸCHE's sequel to their platinum 1988 concept album, "Operation: Mindcrime", tentatively titled "Operation: Mindcrime II". In case you don't know Operation Mindcrime was the Hair Metal "Wall". A concept album about Mind Control involving a Nun. Always a nice touch.

More later
Bro

The quote is from the Wedding Crashers. Nice film-- full of moments and quotes. I laughed alot too. Always a good thing for a comedy.

No comments: