Tuesday, November 15, 2005

The Evil Monkey wasn't always evil...


Greetings all! First off, I'd like to thank A Glorious Mess for bringing me into the fold - thanks for the intro, Bro.

So, it's agreed that Sony and their rootkit malware suck - here's a way to prevent this from infecting you like that cheap floozy from Tuesday's quarter beer night... 1.) Boycott Sony, which seems to be the popular consensus here, or 2.) follow these steps.

The Hold Steady. Coming to a seedy bar near you...

Tour de New York? I wonder how many pro-cyclists would finish this course...

My own Star Wars submission...

Your parents aren't that into you...

Ever thought, "I'm gonna build my own sex machine!"? Here's how! Oh, and it's educational...

Thanks everyone, this was really freakin' Smurf!

More later

Evil Monkey

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, they were talking about a tour of CA also...

King James of SF

cbro said...

Great first post. Again welcome and I look forward to more.

HelperMonkey said...

Welcome Evil one. I look forward to your west coast view of things.
(even though your a Chicago boy deep down)

Teej said...

I'm not Sony's biggest fan, but I'm confused as to why there is talk of a Sony boycott without serious discussion about an Apple boycott. If we're talking about bullshit companies who sell bullshit products and try to cheat us out of money, how the hell did we end up on Sony first?

cbro said...

Mainly because of the Malware. Sure Apple doesn't play nice but at least they don't install DRM secretly. Now hackers are using it a backdoor into our computers. Thanks big brother. Record companies are dinosaurs and the sooner artists can break free I say the better. They just want total control like always. Naught brought up the point "so we don't buy Sony and we give our money to just another big company" At least witht he backlash at Sony for the Malware maybe the other Biggies will learn. Maybe. Probably not. Plus it just feels good to do something. even if in the long run it means nothing.

Teej said...

Yeah, you've got a point. I still hate Apple, but at least they're publicly evil and not trying to hide it like Sony.

cbro said...

It's ok to hate but at least have a good reason. Then I say go for it but as Nada Surf say in their lastest "Always Love"
Always love… Hate will get you every time
Always love… Don’t wait till the finish line