Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas a night with the Peak


Thanks NEXT listener Ellen.



Twas the night before Christmas and all through that week
Not a creature was stirring, awaiting the Peak

All the radios were tuned to 107.1
In hopes that the acoustic show would be fun

We listeners were nestled all snug in our beds
While visions of Ten at Ten danced in our heads

When out of nowhere, I awoke from my dreaming
I sprang to my laptop and then started streaming

Away to the speakers I leaped in a bound
Reached for the volume and turned up the sound

When what to my wondering ears should I hear
But my Next favorite song: new, perfect and clear

With a lively, young DJ – host of the Next show
I knew in an instant, it must be Chris Bro

More rapid than eagles, the Peak DJs came
And I whistled and shouted and called them by name

Now Arrow! Now Herrmann! Batiste! Fink! And Bro!
Figler, Corley and Mayer-with-the-brother-we-know

To the top of the ratings, the top of the wall
Dash away other stations, dash away all

And then in a twinkling I heard Ten at Ten
And that Peak Performance Playback again

As I drew in my head, I knew that Sunday sound
Over Easy they called it, and that’s what I found

Their voices, they twinkled; their music was merry
We tuned in from Brewster and then from Danbury

They had a small place, but this fun little group
Played music as hot as a bowl full of soup

They were witty and wise; they had style and brains,
These talented elves, right there in White Plains

They spoke many words but no one was a jerk
Filled our ears with good music, and that was their work

Then Chris sprang to his sleigh, to his team gave a cheer
And away they all flew for a Rack 'n' Roll beer

But they heard us exclaim as they drove out of sight
May your Peak Christmas be merry and bright


Happy Holidays and may good music find you

No comments: