Monday, September 24, 2007

Eileen's Answers

Real name: Eileen

Where I live: Westchester

Occupation: Wife / Mother / Nursing Student

Favorite movie: Reservoir Dogs / Boondock Saints / The Rookie


Favorite book: "The Mammy " by Brendan O'Carroll

Favorite album: the favorite album is very hard to pin down so I won't. Here are a few I have to have on that deserted island ( in no special order);
Stevie Ray Vaughan "In Step"
Bob Marley "Legend"
Van Morrison "Moondance "
Bonnie Riatt "Luck of the Draw"
Pearl Jam "Ten"
U2 " The Joshua Tree"
Natalie Merchant "Tigerlily"
Elton John "Madman Across the Water"

Two sound tracks I can't live without are:
"The Commitments" and "To Live and Die in LA" (Wang Chung)

Three famous people I'd like to meet: Stevie Ray Vaughan (r.i.p.), Bono, The Dalai Lama

One famous person I actually met: I have actually met many but who cares, its boring.

Best concert experience: Midnight Oil and Eurythmics at the Pier 84 in NYC stands out, but too many great ones to list.....

Coolest pop-culture item I own: my iPod .... it's amazing how technology has changed since the "Walkman", and the disc skipping of portable cd players!!!

And what movie prop would like to own: Anything from "The Quiet Man"

Remember "In Italy, for thirty years under the Borgias, they had warfare, terror, murder, bloodshed — they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci and the Renaissance. In Switzerland, they had brotherly love, they had five hundred years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So long Holly...

cbro said...

I hope Eileen doesn't mind that I added that Third Man quote. I just love it. I am sure other lovers of The Third Man feel the same way.

Anonymous said...

I added the "So long, Holly" above. filmsite has a tremendous analysis of the film:

http://www.filmsite.org/thir.html

The movie is filled with great lines.

One is:
Calloway: That sounds like a cheap novelette.
Holly: I write cheap novelettes.

cbro said...

Victor

That was a lovely site. Thanks for the link. Brilliant