Sunday, July 08, 2007

Live Earth

Backstage. Now before you get jealous it was not as cool as you think. You would hope that backstage would just be an orgy of musical acts hanging out and chatting each other up. You know John Mayer talking to Sting about tantra classes. Dave Matthews discussing how to change a tire on an Hybrid car with Kanye West. Roger Waters sharing recipes with Jon Bon Jovi.

but that didn't happen

The acts were in their dressing rooms and the only people we saw backstage were Alec Baldwin (he is a big boy) and the drummer for DMB: Carter Beauford.

ONE COOL THING (kinda)

So I walking back through backstage heading back out to our seats and just happened to walk past the Police's dressing room. The door was open. They must have just arrived. Standing right there in front of the door - STING. I think he was munching on a radish. So I whip out my camera and snap a shot. Then a security guard comes up and nicely (kinda) to delete the photo. They watched me delete it too. OH WELL

The other cool thing was free beer so that I didn't have to shell out $7.50 for a Guiness.

No comments: