Saturday, October 08, 2005

Led Jam/Pearl Zeppelin Rock The House Of Blues

I made it in!
It didn't look like it for awhile, then an opening happened and we made our move. I shared a backstage elevator w/ Eddie's girlfriend and new baby...she is quite a babe, a model I hear. We went through the backstage area and onto the main floor..it was very cool.
A big thank you goes out to my two friends who got me in. They both had to run the video equiptment as the show was being recorded for HOB. They shall remain nameless in the unlikely event that some HOB related person reads this. I just stayed by them the whole night in the center of the main floor, great view. Robert Plant was in fine form, he still has that voice and his new stuff was pretty good, and of course he nailed the Zeppelin classics.
Pearl Jam came on around 10pm and played till 1:10 am. They were in good spirits and thanked everyone for donating (not me!). But I wasn't a complete freeloader..I bought those guys beer all night as a thank you and picked up a shirt whose $ was going completely to the relief cause.

Pearl Jam's set was tight, heavy on the hits, no doubt because they wanted to make the not-usual crowd happy. Highlights included memorable verions of "Grievance" "Porch" and the rare "Hard To Imagine". At the 2nd encore, Robert Plant comes out with his guitarists and they segaway from "Given To Fly" into "Going To California", his band leaves and then it's Pearl Zeppelin, or Led Jam. Eddie and Robert doing a couple of 50's covers "Little Sister" & "Money (That's what I want)" followed by "Fool in the Rain" and "Thank You". It was an amazing thing to witness . At the end with the house lights on, they did "Rockin' In The Free World" with Plant on guitar.
It was surreal concert experience.




Set list:
Love Boat Captain, Grievance, Do The Evolution, Even Flow, Dissident, Small Town, Corduroy, Green Disease, Daughter, 1/2 Full, I Am Mine, Better Man, Black, Alive, Save You, Porch
1st encore:
Man of the Hour, Hard to Imagine, I Got Shit, Rearviewmirror
2nd encore:
Given To Fly/Going To California (by Led Zeppelin) w/ Robert Plant and Strange Sensation, Little Sister w/ Robert Plant, Money That's What I want w/ Robert Plant, Fool In The Rain (by Led Zeppelin) w/ Robert Plant, Thank You (by Led Zeppelin) w/ Robert Plant
3rd encore:
Rockin' in the Free World w/ Robert Plant on Guitar

A couple reviews of the show:

HOB Chicago Pearl Jam/Robert Plant Benefit Raises $1 Million
http://knac.com/images/photos/robertplant.jpg


Pearl Jam and Robert Plant bring down House of Blues
http://www.chicagotribune.com/features/chi-0510080183oct08,1,5258664.story


Ok, my posts have been a little PJ heavy lately, but for good reason...I promise to return to my normal posting now.
More Later, HP

1 comment:

cbro said...

keep doing what you're doing brother man. I love the PJ info. You will need to step it up again next week as I will again be away from the office.

I love free...it makes everything better