Tuesday, September 13, 2005

New Releases Today

Before we get to the new releases you must watch the world's greatest Beer Ad.

I already told you about Super Furry Animals...you want more. Pick up the Dandys or StellaStarr. Rosie Thomas is always nice and Nada Surf has grown up even more. I haven't listened to Clap your hands but that is way too much hype.

9/13/05
Apollo Sunshine / Apollo Sunshine (spinART)
The Bad Plus / Suspicious Activity? (Columbia)
Blues Traveler / Bastardos! (Vanguard)
Tracy Chapman / Where You Live (Atlantic)
Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands Say Yeah
CocoRosie / Noah's Ark (Touch And Go)
The Dandy Warhols / Odditorium or Warlords of Mars (Capitol)
Donovan / Try For The Sun: The Journey of Donovan (3-disc set) (Epic/Legacy)
Elizabethtown / Songs From The Brown Hotel (RCA)
David Gray / Life in Slow Motion (ATO)
Iron & Wine / Calexico- In The Reins (Overcoat Recordings)
B.B. King / Original Greatest Hits (Virgin)
Lake Trout / Not Them, You (Palm Pictures)
Paul McCartney / Chaos and Creation in the Backyard (Capitol)
Sister Getrude Morgan / King Britt Presents Sister Gertrude Morgan (Ropeadope)
Nada Surf - The Weight Is A Gift (Barsuk)
Tim O'Brien /Cornbread Nation (Sugar Hill Records)
Tim O'Brien / Fiddler's Green (Sugar Hill Records)
Charlie Sexton /Cruel and Gentle Things (Back Porch Records)
Sigur Rós / Takk... (Geffen)
Soulive / Break Out (Concord)
Bonnie Raitt / Souls Alike (Capitol)
Stellastarr* / Harmonies for the Haunted (RCA)
Stereolab / 3 X 7” (Too Pure)
Super Furry Animals / Love Kraft (XL Recordings)
Switchfoot / Nothing Is Sound (Sony)
The Reigning Sound / Home for Orphans (Sympathy for the Record Industry)
Rosie Thomas / If Songs Could Be Held (Sub Pop)
Dar Williams / My Better Self (Razor & Tie)

Getting bad with Apple. I wondered when someone was going to do this.

Derek Smalls now has a label.

The Stones have done it...now the Beatles. Online?

Death Cab at number four.

Find out how much you'd get sued for if they found your unpaid for goods. The Piracy calculator.

I joke about the end of the world...but I think it really is around the corner. Of course they have promised-- they wouldn't use them unless they are sure that there really are WMDs. (I don't think I've ever written a funnier sentence). I can't believe we voted these people back. I guess we get what we deserve. Thanks Kansas or Ohio or any other flat state in the middle.

That's it...I must go now
More later...maybe
Bro

I can't leave on a bad note. well I could but just ask yourselves. How cool are these fifth graders?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pound rises against dollar, euro on back of inflation data
AFP/File Photo: A man stands outside a exchange house at Leicester Square in London.
Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!

I have a milf sample site/blog. It pretty much covers milf sample related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time :-)

Anonymous said...

Mini Concept
This was a total surprise. We reluctantly went over to the Mini booth, preparing ourselves for a uneventful presentation.
Did you know your blog can make $$ for you? Visit blogs and get the FREE 5 day course on Blogs & RSS Feeds.

Xtine said...

The new sigur ros is amazing!

cbro said...

I actually just got that and haven't really listened yet. I will bump it up the list. Thanks. I love my Icelandic music