Wednesday, September 21, 2005

A Fine Night of music in Toronto

Just back from last nights Pearl Jam show in Toronto.
I ended up with 5th row center. I was very happy with my seats. Ed did a nice preset acoustic version of "Porch" before Sleater Kinney's set. The show itself was more or less a greatest hits set. This was not a bad thing. Many uber-fans are used to PJ throwing in rare b-sides or obscure covers in their sets, and I enjoy this as well, however last night was just as good as I have ever seen them. Blistering renditions of "Do The Evolution" "Present Tense" and "Blood" were highlights, as was a beautiful cover of Neil Young's 'Harvest Moon". U2 references were made throughout the night and Ed had jumped on stage with U2 at their show in Toronto on Saturday, so perhaps it came as no surprise when Bono joined PJ for a lights on version of Neil Young's "Rockin' In The free World". A very cool moment. Toronto is a great city and it was a fantastic night. Special thanks to my sis for coming out with me to this show.
Note: By the time Bono jumped onstage I had run out of film in my camera, so I had to post pics I found on the net.

Ed solo: Porch
Set list: Release, Go, Animal, Save You, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Love Boat Captain, Small Town, Even Flow, Habit, Daughter, Better Man, 1/2 Full, Black, Do The Evolution, Rearviewmirror
1st encore: You've Got to Hide Your Love Away, Present Tense, Wishlist, Harvest Moon, Indifference, Alive
2nd encore: Blood, Jeremy, Leaving Here, Rockin' in the Free World w/Bono and Sleater Kinney, Yellow Ledbetter


U2's website take on the PJ/U2 meetings...
http://www.u2.com/news/index.php?mode=full&news_id=1716

More later,
HelperMonkey

No comments: