Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Raconteurs at T5

I almost titled this one "In love with a drummer".

Jack White is quite the guitar god. People know this already. That is a given and he did not disappoint. Intense would be a fine one word review of his guitar style. The dude just flat out plays but it's the drummer (Patrick Keeler) of this glorious, glorious collective that I came away from the concert admiring the most.

Highlight of the show was "Level" bleeding right into "Steady as She Goes". The first song is one of, if not, my favorite tunes of theirs and "Steady" is obviously their best known tune. They really crank it up live. The intro is special in the flesh. In fact, this gets me to a point that I still don't get. Release this live show. Take a look at Pearl Jam. It hasn't hurt them and with digital storage being almost nothing just let the people have the Live Tracks as MP3s. You don't need to release it as a CD. Just get the music out there. I would definitely give you a few of my hard earned pennies for the live tracks.


It was my first time at the newish venue in Manhattan called Terminal 5. It's huge with three floors. I guess in a former life it was a dance club. After I found that I out the general layout and feel of T5 made a lot more sense. Not the greatest sound system but they are getting quite a few good acts. I am sure I'll be back. Every bar on every floor has different beer so search out your favorite then stay close. Also a bit of pain is the "one drink limit per wrist band".

No comments: