Friday, January 11, 2008

The NEXT best songs countdown of 2007


So this is mostly correct. See I have rules. The rules may not make much sense to you but they do to me and it's my show. If you find them wrong just email and I'll buy you a beer and we'll chat up music.

So the rules. The song must of played on NEXT in 2007. You might notice a song or 2 from 2006 but I played it on NEXT in 2007 so it is ok. I want to find you your NEXT new favorite song so as much as it pains me I couldn't put any Eddie Vedder or Wilco or Radiohead on it. Now the RH and EV make sense everyone has heard about them but there are still plenty of people that don't know about Wilco. The Peak played quite a bit of Wilco this year so I decided no Wilco (even though "Impossible Germany" might be my second or third favorite song of the Year). Also this year I decided to accept emails from listeners and that weighed in on who made the list too.

We will start here at 45 and by the end of this post get to number one. Remember you can stream and listen to the countdown at nextmusiconline.com.

45 The Boggs – Poor Things (Forts)
44 Ike Reilly Assasination – Let’s Get Frindly (We Belong to the Staggering Evening)
43 The Hives – Tick Tick Boom (The Black and White Album)
42 Futrue Clouds and Radar – You Will Be Loved ()
41 Pela – Lost to the Lonesome (Anytown Graffiti)
40 Sixnationstate – Everyboy Wants to be my Friend ()
39 Cloud Cult – chemicals Collide (The Meaning of 8)
38 Sea Wolf – Your’re a Wolf (Get to the River Before it Runs too low)
37 Jose Gonzalez – Down the Line (In Our nature)
36 Okkervil River – A Hand to Take Hold of the Scene (The Stage names)
35 Siverchair – The Man That Knew Too Much (Young Modern)
34 Bishop Allen – Rain (The Broken String)
33 Coconut Records – It’s Not You It’s Me (nightiming)
32 Minus the Bear – Throwin’ Shapes (Planet of Ice)
31 The Damnwells – Bastard of Midnight (Myspace release)
30 Meiko – Reasons to Love You (Meiko)
29 Len Price 3 – Girl Like You (Rentacrowd)
28 Babyshambles – There She Goes (Shotter’s Nation)
27 Rodrigo y Gabriela – Diablo Rojo (Rodrigo y Gabriela)
26 Andrew Bird – Darkmatter (Armchair Apocrypha)
25 The Sea and Cake – Middlenight (Everybody)
24 Great Northern – The Middle (Trading twilight for Daylight)
23 Shade – Wide eyed (Arms Raised on Rooftops)
22 VHS or BETA – Burn it all Down (Bring on the Comets)
21 Crash Encore – Catastrophe (Volume 1)
20 Bear hands – Golden (EP)
19 Office – Wound Up ( The Ritz)
18 The Blakes – Picture (The Blakes)
17 Afghan Whigs – I’m A Soldier (Greatest Hits)
16 Nada Surf – See These Bones (Lucky)
15 Locksley – Don’t Make Me Wait
14 VAST – I’m Too Good
13 Elliott Smith – angel in the snow
12 Bright Eyes – I must Belong Somewhere
11 Jason Isbell – Chicago Promenade
10 Vampire Weekend – Oxford Comma
09 Black Francis – She Took All the Money
08 Mute Math – Typical
07 Kings of Leon – True Love Way
06 Great Lakes Myth Society – Summer Bonfire
05 White Rabbits – Kid on my shoulders
04 David and the Citizens – A heart and a hand and the love for a band
03 Earl Greyhound – Monkey
02 The National – Apartment Song
01 Band of Horses – Is there a ghost

More later
Bro

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got some great songs in your list, keep spreading the good tunes!
im keeping my travelling up and seeing sufjan in melbourne tomorrow night. not really allowed to bring a camera but i might try.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sachyn/collections/72157603674531871/

cbro said...

Thanks...I try.

That should be a great concert and I would love to see the photos. Let me know if you do sneak that camera in.

Enjoy it all