Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Rehash/ Re-Release/Re-Buy?

Almost nothing new out there but for Rap...and I don't really do Rap. I will let someone else telling you about that. It's not that I don't like Rap I do have RUN DMC's Chritmas tune and a few others on my iPod like the Beastie Boys and some DMX. Damn if that man doesn't get you going. Oh I've got Blondie too. She kinda rapped on that one song once. Anyway Rap...not really me.

So let's hear it for the boxset. I guess it's Chritmas time and if you were going to buy me one boxset released today it would have to be

"Oh By the Way" by Pink Floyd.
All 16 albums from "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" to "The Division Bell" - all the original artwork, including the inner sleeves. The one major bummer is no extras, it does have a collage poster of Storm Thorgerson's artwork for the band, plus a pair of coasters. If it just had that one extra CD of extra tracks this would be perfect. Oh and by the way which one is Floyd?

EMI tries to get back at Radiohead with the Radiohead Boxset

The Stones release yet another hits package. "Rolled Gold." I can't believe that people don't already own every one of these songs but maybe you want to introduce a young one? I don't know.

And another live DMB this time "live at Piedmont Park". Great version of one of my favorite of theirs "The Dreaming Tree" clocking in at 15:28.

And I know I have buried the headline (kinda) but NEXT now has a store. Now you can look good and feel good.

More later
Bro, Chris Bro

No comments: